Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

F l a k's '94 VR Exec

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Thought I'd start a my ride thread for anyone interested, and to hear some opinions about my car so far.

It's a 1994 VR Exec, 206,000km, V6 and auto.

History:
Purchased new by Charles Sturt Uni on the 6/7/94, then sold to my Dad on the 19/5/95 for $23,850. I have the original receipt, HoldenWise book and all the paperwork haha.

So I've been driving it since before and all through my L's, then just after I got my P's my Grandfather sadly passed away, and Dad ended up with his 2000 Statesman, so I kind of inherited the VR.

That was late '09, since then I've been slowly doing a bit of work on it with my uncle who was a mechanic by trade.

Mods:
- Redback 2.5" catback, twin 3" tip and all new exhaust rubbers (its the little things, you know? haha)
- 18x8" Speedy Cheetahs with 235 Khumo Ecsta SPT tyres
- DBA slotted rotors, ventilated fronts, bendix general ct pads, castrol fluid and calipers painted black
- King Spring Lows all round, KYB Excel G's in the front and Pedders Comfort Gas shocks in the back, almost all bushes and rubbers replaced with SuperPro items, inc strut top bearings
- Tinted windows and new genuine clear side indicators and rear lights (not the centre ones obviously haha)
- MACE Cold air intake, Eagle 8mm leads, ADRAD radiator and highflow thermostat, genuine trans cooler
- Drift oil and fuel filters, new battery, p/s pump, fuel pump, idler pulley, and a few other bits and pieces
- New roof lining and handbrake boot, JVC head unit, and thats about it really..

Anyway, heres some pics, tell me what you guys think :)

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Serously '$23,850' I dont think that car would of ever been worth that much.. Even brand new..I could be wrong..
Nice car though , Looks good :)

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
wow looks like ya old man kept it in good nick, looks nice mate

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
looks like its been kept in good condition, do you have any photos before it was lowered? because it looks stock hight for a vr, unless it use to sit really high

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
I dont think that car would of ever been worth that much.. Even brand new..I could be wrong..

Haha I know, but yeah it really was, as I said, I have the receipt lol. And thanks

wow looks like ya old man kept it in good nick, looks nice mate

Yeah pretty well, full service history and its never been in an accident, so yeah, and thanks :)

do you have any photos before it was lowered?

Thanks, and yeah here you go, it was pretty damn high before lol. I can give you some more pics and info if you want it.

DSC00433.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
jesus that use to sit pretty high, looks better how you have it now, it just didnt look like it had been lowered that much but compaired to the photos of how it use to sit it looks way better, the paints still in great condition so keep away from those magnetic p plates, those things are the devil (left a big square faded paint stain on my car after just 2 days)
also drift oil and fuel filters? my local autobahn i think it was is haven a sale at the moment and you can get the two for a reasonable price, what do you think of them?

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Haha yeah I know, thanks. Cant go any lower because of the driveway, but I like the lows, lots better but still practical.

Wow really? I've used magnetic P's since I fist got my reds and haven't had any problems, but I'll keep that in mind, sucks about your stain.

And yeah, I got mine from Autobarn too, I was a bit unsure just going by the name, but the oil filters seem really good quality, even compared to the K&N one I had, the drift seemed better quality. The bloke at Autobarn here said he prefers them over K&N anyway. And the fuel filter seemed good too. Plus their stuff looks good haha, the oil filter is like a metallic blue, two of my mates went and bought them straight after I did because they do look nice haha, and the fuel filter was just black with their logo. I'd buy them again, they're not the cheapest though.

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
yeah idk mabey its just because my car was darker and attracks more heat and mabey melted the p plate i have no idea lol
and yeah when i heard the name of the filters being drift performance or whatever i thought pffffft sounds like some stuiped brand but idk i might see if there still on special haha

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Update:
Today I had a reco'd power-steering pump fitting and the difference is amazing. Heaps quieter and feels much better. Would have done it myself, but too busy atm with work unfortunately...it hasn't even been washed since before the trip to Summerants. Maybe this Saturday lol, if so then I'll post some engine bay and interior pics.

Also, there's still a slight knocking noise in the front, tending to think its the strut top plates, or at least just the passenger side one. So I might have to pull the shock/s out and investigate that.