Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

peeps VR Executive station wagon

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
Hey guys and girls I am a owner of a VR Executive wagon, I got it as part of a deal involving a purchase of a donor vehicle for the falcon, I hope to take delivery of it by the end of the month
Engine: 3.8 Buick V6
Transmission: 4 speed auto
Kilometres 341,000 (all country kilometres)
Factory options: ABS, and driver's air bag
Colour: dark green metallic
Plans: replacement oil switch, nice stereo and leave it alone
Only problem is that it keeps blowing the fuel pump fuse when key turned to start, otherwise did run well before last owner replaced the crank angle sensor
Pics and more information will follow over the next few weeks

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys and girls, update time, I got some pictures of the commy, hope you like them, also found that it was some old alarm wiring shorting out was the cause of the fuel pump fuse blowing, I hope to have it out on the road again by the end of the month, I want to check out the brakes/steering/suspension systems so I know that I am going to be safe
DSC_0015_zpspzemwzyo.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
Looks like its been around the block a few times. You got plans to clean the old girl up? Could be a trust ride with some tlc

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks like its been around the block a few times. You got plans to clean the old girl up? Could be a trust ride with some tlc

Yeah that's my plan, just give it a tidy up and probably put some statesman interior and electric parts, then leave it alone and use as the daily while I do major work to my falcon

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
Wouldn t be driving it much before you clean up the exterior. Coppers will be on you in a flash. Guessing by you id your still on your p's. You should be able to find a rear tailgate same colour at the wreckers pretty cheap

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Wouldn t be driving it much before you clean up the exterior. Coppers will be on you in a flash.

Will they???? Strangely enough I've been driving my VC Commodore around P platers area, for 12 months, with the rear all stoved in...I live 2 surburbs south of P plater and have family and friends 2 surburbs north of him...The 2 surburbs North of P plater are a coppers haven....ie they are thick in those areas and love pulling people over.... I have only been pulled over once in that 12 months by the coppers, because a brake light was out.....They put it down to the accident, so they sent me on my merry way, with a big smile (and no pieces of paper or stickers).....

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
Things must of changed abit since my days with a p plate on. Had a vt exec when vx's were nearing the end of their run with some 17's on it and cleab as whistle and used to get pulled over weekly. Maybe its different in the hills

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Things must of changed abit since my days with a p plate on. Had a vt exec when vx's were nearing the end of their run with some 17's on it and cleab as whistle and used to get pulled over weekly. Maybe its different in the hills

Elizabeth/Salisbury/Davoren Park/Smithfield areas are a "low" social economic area, where a fair bit of crime occurs and a lot of "dungers" are located....So the police reguarly patrol these areas, pulling over these "dungers" and doing car searches for illegal goods.

P Platers commodore looks fairly respectible from the pictures and providing he drives sensibly, there is a good chance the police won't look twice at it. If he is pulled over and his deminer is pleasent, again, they will probably do a licence check, alcohol and possible drug test and send him on his merry way.

Just for the record, I'm not insinuating P plater is any sort of criminal or involved in any sort of criminal activity, nor is he part of the low social economic stigma associated with these areas. Just pointing out that his car isn't the sort that would draw attention by driving sensibily

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
My2cents worth.

Get it out of the mud and get it to go.

Which Falcon were you up to ? I lost track.

Just choose one car and get it going right. Then you can get it to look good etc without having to split your money between two cars.

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
My2cents worth.

Get it out of the mud and get it to go.

Which Falcon were you up to ? I lost track.

Just choose one car and get it going right. Then you can get it to look good etc without having to split your money between two cars.
Yeah that's my intention, get it out of the mud, give it a really good clean and service and drive it around while I repair the foulcan, and once the falcon is ready again take the commodore of the road and give that one some proper love as in a full statesman dash conversion and front seats, door trims and front clip