Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shane's VS Lexcen

SSGEN-3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II, VT SS II
Hi guys. I've owned this car since december 06, and its changed a fair bit since i bought it. Heres some info and pics of the car. The first two pics are of the car when I first got it. Sorry about the poor quality pics they were all taken on mobile phones.

Model: 1996 VS (T4 Lexcen).

Colour: Alaskan White.

Engine: Ecotec v6, dual fuel.

Engine Mods: None, except for the gas system which was put in before I owned the car.

Exhaust: Stock.

Gearbox: 4 speed auto.

Suspension: Stock at the moment, soon to be lowered on superlows.

Wheels/Tyres: 19x8 monaro cv8-r rims with marshall 245/35R19 tyres on the front and federal 245/35R19 tyres on the back.

Interior: Statesman leather seats, Holden floor mats, blue neons under the dash, a few white "highlights".

Other Mods: Toyota avalon side indicators (very similar to vt style but more clear and "blingy"), Altezza tail lights (to replace the lexcen ones), debadged, black stripe removed off the side of the car, dark tint, white boot garnish (still to be put on the car), chrome windscreen washer nozzles (with blue led's), blue led's in grill and under rear bumper, chrome exhaust tip.

Stereo: 7" slide out touch screen dvd player head unit with tv tuner, stock front splits, rear 6" splits on the parcel shelf, 15" Cadence ultradrive subwoofer, Cadence ultradrive 2 channel Amp.

Future Mods: Lowered on superlows, bigger brakes (or paint the ones on there for now), bigger stereo, better boot install (hiding the gas tank if I don't decide to take the gas system out), CAI, exhaust, possibly extractors, more white interior highlights, replace headlining, berlina/calais seats, white dash cluster, sports steering wheel.

Attachments

• Image001.jpg
    Image001.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 637
  • Image002.jpg
    Image002.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 768
  • Image003.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 642
  • Image004.jpg
    Image004.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,744
  • Image005.jpg
    Image005.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 647
  • Image006.jpg
    Image006.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 964
  • Image007.jpg
    Image007.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 697
  • Image008.jpg
    Image008.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 803
Last edited:

aussie_cruzin

got boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV Ute
nice ride mate looks like you put abit of effort into her looks good.

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Looks alright mate, you have got rid of most of the stuff that lexcen stuffed up with, now you just gotta get a holden front bar :D, an SS front would look really good.
Also lose the tail lights :p
Other than that really clean ride mate well done

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
it looks a TONNE better without those black strips, good work!

..like seriosly, what were desginers thinking of and i dont understand why it has to extend all the way across the rear quarter panel and on the boot *shakes head*

but yup looks much much better now!

SSGEN-3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II, VT SS II
Thanks for the comments guys. Those black stripes were a pain in the ass to get off, especially all the sikaflex stuff, but all the hard work was worth it.
I knew I'd get a comment about the tail lights lol, I got them to replace the $hitty lexcen ones.
I bought some of the calais ones with the clear indicators, the guy I bought them from said they were like brand new and they looked good in the pics he sent me, but when they got here both the boot lights and one of the tail lights were faded and when I put them on the car they looked crap.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
I love the look of those wheels on a white car. I have them also lol

VZHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
z
good work man looks 100 times better than it did! good thing u got rid of the black stripe now she looks like a clean Holden VS :thumbsup:

SSGEN-3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II, VT SS II
I love the look of those wheels on a white car. I have them also lol

Yeah these wheels do look good on white cars. Maybe its the black on the rims contrasting with the white car, I duno, they just look sweet :p

good work man looks 100 times better than it did! good thing u got rid of the black stripe now she looks like a clean Holden VS :thumbsup:

Thanks mate. I'd been meaning to get rid of the black stripe for ages but never gotten around to it until just recently. I've had so many good comments since I got rid of it, all the hard work was worth it :D

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
I gotta ask, how many man hours did it take to remove all that sika flex? did you use a caramel wheel?

SSGEN-3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II, VT SS II
Yeah I used one of those caramel wheels on the end of a drill. I was lucky with the drivers side and after the car had been sitting in the sun for the day the sika flex just came off when I pulled the black stripe off. I tried the same with the other side the next day but the sika flex didn't come off. It took me at least two hours or more to get the sika flex off that side, I was being careful not to stuff my paint too. I then gave both sides a good cut and polish to blend the paint and it was all good.
With the rear quarter pannels and the boot, I pulled all that off not long after I got the car as it looked so $hit, so I cant remember how long that took me.