Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cutting out during journey

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
ok i will start here.. driving along the highway doing 110-km/h on cruise control for at least an hour or two non stop, so middle of now where at random. the cars revs die and the motor sounds like it has had the cruise taken off and the engine light comes on. then wham its back on all systems go cruise on where i left it everything sounds sweet again. sometimes the revs just go up a thousand rpm while still keeping the same speed. when this happens no light comes on, it just returns to normal rpm for the speed im doing. i had holden check out the error codes and they said that the fuel canister sensor (an error message occured) had a problem. also the MAF had an error also. the bloke told me that if something goes wrong somewhere it can cause sensors to have errors elsewhere. understandable commonsense i suppose. it can happen anytime not just under cruise but it seems to happen more often after i been cruising for a while. i replaced the rear wheel speed sonsors thinking it might be that. maybe its the gearbox giving in. i give the gearbox a service ie filter and gasket change, all looked ok. fluid level fine. maybe its the abs unit or the fuel cannister itself. racking my brain here. i need some answers. lost lost lost.

dannyn12

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx supercharged
does this only happen with cruise control on

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
no it can happen leaving the driveway sometimes too

saundyvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX berlina
Sounds hot. Go hard or drive a fruit juice car (2 Lt.) my mate has been EPA'd heaps. they get a decibel meter from like 5M away and it has to get get under 60Db at 3000 RPM those numbers are probably wrong but they're not far off.

Pete SS

Resident Pomme
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS M6
Sounds hot. Go hard or drive a fruit juice car (2 Lt.) my mate has been EPA'd heaps. they get a decibel meter from like 5M away and it has to get get under 60Db at 3000 RPM those numbers are probably wrong but they're not far off.

What??!?!?!