Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Smoke coming out the air vents !!! HELP !!

nilprapai

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT series II
Hi guys,

Car: VT V6, Exec, 1997, Manual

for the past few days, every morning seem to be some kind of smoke (condensation ?), little smell (not really electrical burning smell) coming out from behind the dash, center air vents.. and before you guys asking, the fan switch is off and it in recirculation position or if i turn the switch to let the outside air in, i can see more smoke. but !! when i turned the a/c on, seem to be the smoke/condensation disappeared

what you guys reckon ??

Cheers :thumbsup:

mrvx2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais
my old xr8 did that a bit. got it cheked out cant remember wat it was now but nuthin major. some kind of condensation or sumthin. had me worrried for a bit

nilprapai

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT series II
i'm pretty sure that smell is the coolant smell coming through the cabin. any ideas how to look for a leaks or heater hose from the engine connected to the cabin?

thanks

minitsbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
okay my car had that problem everything was checked and came down to being intake manifold gasket my car would also on the odd occasion shoot up to hot for a few seconds then return to normal temps had the intake gasket replace cant tell you if it fix the prob as the fucing clown who fixed it didnt put oil back in the car so that motor is no more atm

nilprapai

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT series II
had a chat with one of my mate, he reckon the heater tap could stuck open? that's why i can smell the coolant. also, had a chat with my mechanic, he reckon the heater hose that running to the air condenser (the thing under the passenger dash) could be leaking..

what you guys reckon ?

by the way, i don't think the intake manifold gasket caused this

dannyn12

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx supercharged
it sounds like a blocked evaporator check the drain hose under the dash with a straw