Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight beam adjustment

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi all, my headlights point into the ground a bit and they really need to aim higher. I've seen the two diagrams on the top of the lights that say "left / right" and "up / down" with arrows going clockwise and anticlockwise, but I can't work out what to turn. I can see a few screws but when i turn them nothing moves. Thanks for your help guys :)

ps. i've attached a picture that may make things a bit easier...

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
At the back of the headlight there are 2 screws with knobs on them that you can turn by hand. the knob closest to the bottom of the lamp is for vertical adjustment and the knob closest to the top is for horizontal adjustment.It is best to have them aligned professionally.
Regards
Jerry

R1SKY

Reaction score
Hi can i ask where are the knobs are you talking about? im confused could you please high light it or place an arrow on the picture above

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just checked mine and they are philips head screws and not knobs as I thought. There are 2 cut out parts on the metal part above the lights, if you look down from them you will see the adjusting screws. I'm in a hurry now and will supply photo later.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Headlight adjustment screws.

Here are the positions of the headlight adjustment screws.

Attachments

• horizontal.jpg
    horizontal.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 9,615
  • vertical.jpg
    vertical.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 11,417

R1SKY

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures sure helped me

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
oh dear, another person who will be driving around with ass about lights.

Can you at least make sure you get a calibration chart and make your lights sit level so you do not blind us other road users at night with your own incompetence?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
I found an article years ago to align headlights, basically at night find a level road with a wall (roller door) at end (factory driveways are usually perfect) drive up to wall as close and straight as possible place a sticker dot or masking tape cross (+) in centre of light beam where each light shines on wall, back up 8 metres place a piece of cardboard, rag over one headlight (don't leave too long it gets mighty hot) then adjust other side you want high beam left/right (Horizontal) exactly centre and up/down (Vertical) 2cm down from sticker, repeat for other side. Andrew

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
I found an article years ago to align headlights, basically at night find a level road with a wall (roller door) at end (factory driveways are usually perfect) drive up to wall as close and straight as possible place a sticker dot or masking tape cross (+) in centre of light beam where each light shines on wall, back up 8 metres place a piece of cardboard, rag over one headlight (don't leave too long it gets mighty hot) then adjust other side you want high beam left/right (Horizontal) exactly centre and up/down (Vertical) 2cm down from sticker, repeat for other side. Andrew

sweet as i'll have to check mine when i get a chance, i hate driving around at night with no light(well i do but it's like their sitting 1m infront of the car)