Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

windy noise when i accelerate & engine our problem

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
hey ive noticed while im driving im getting a noise when i slightly accelerate, it sounds like a supercharger kind of, i just want to make sure its nothing serioues. ive also noticed my engine oil light on my dash is lighting up, although my engine oil seems full?

any ideas guys?

mrvx2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais
i also have the windy noise? Im not sure but i think i got told it could b the alternator???

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
Yeah ive had a look at most things, and they seem be be running fine, ill have to get my mechanic to take a look, once i find the answer ill let you know mate.

CommodoreConvert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I have just bought a 07 VZ Wagon. Yes, when accelerating I hear a quiet kind of sound from the engine like a rush of airconditioning but is it not the aircond. I khow that sound. First Holden user. Am happy. My wife said the pick up is not as good as the Mitsubishi Magna. Also, the fuel gauge is not accurate? Is that a fair comment? Cheers

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
well this simular to mine, but my only problem is the whiney noise. my guages are all fine, and no performance problems. im thinking it may be a hole in my exhaust so im taking it to them today to give it a look. as ive hit afew high speed bumps and my cars really low.

im thinking its that, hopefully.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
well this simular to mine, but my only problem is the whiney noise. my guages are all fine, and no performance problems. im thinking it may be a hole in my exhaust so im taking it to them today to give it a look. as ive hit afew high speed bumps and my cars really low.

im thinking its that, hopefully.

yeah, if not that check ur intake piping it could be a small leak or something too, id check all the rubber hoses aswell just to be sure everything is fine

CommodoreConvert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thanks for your comments everyone. As I said I am a first time Holden owner and I am very impressed. I can put 2 adult bikes in the back and go touring. It is still under new car warranty, soI will have it serviced and check in a couple of days. It is a very big car and I can understand that it does not jump off the lights on acceleration. Sent the Commodore to have a $95-00 clean up and they dented the tail gate. A deep gash. Pity , it was so new. Now I have to go to the panel beater. Paid by Crystal Car Wash. Have a good day, Cheers

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
low level acceleration, when i put the foot down the noise stops.