Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Naturally aspirated V6 accessories belt versus L67 supercharger belt

VSSECO

Underdog rebuild
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS - 6 pots, 5 cogs
Really simple question here guys, I'm just wondering whether the ecotec V6 accessories belts are the same as the supercharger belt on an L67 in terms of their width and number of ribs. And I dont care about length, only the width and size / spacing of the ribs.

I'm relocating my alternator and have to swap the sizes of a couple of idler pullies to achieve what i'm after. I know that the L67 has the right size pulley I need but not sure if it will have the right rib pattern in it. The company selling them says that they are different but I always thought they were both 6 rib, same width etc

Cheers guys

Sheany

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S SuperCharged
I'm not sure what exactly you mean about the supercharger belt. On the L67 there are two belts, one for the accessories and one for just the supercharger. Both are 6 rib, however the supercharger belt is shorter than the acc belt. The acc belt is the same as a standard ecotec.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Different length between the charger drive belt n acc belt.

VSSECO

Underdog rebuild
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS - 6 pots, 5 cogs
Thanks guys, but as I said I'm not interested in their length. Ok forget I mentioned belts... ALL I want to do is use a pulley from the front of the L67 (from supercharger loop) on a n/a ecotec. Will the pulley have the same rib pattern in it??? Very simple question for anyone with an L67

VSSECO

Underdog rebuild
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS - 6 pots, 5 cogs
I'm not sure what exactly you mean about the supercharger belt. On the L67 there are two belts, one for the accessories and one for just the supercharger. Both are 6 rib, however the supercharger belt is shorter than the acc belt. The acc belt is the same as a standard ecotec.

Obviously when I say the 'supercharger belt' I am talking about the belt in front that runs the supercharger. But if you say they are both 6 rib then thats exactly what i'm after. So are they exactly the same belt front and back(apart from their length)???

Sheany

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S SuperCharged
My apologies, after re-reading your original post, I misunderstood.
Yes, both are 6 rib belts.

ItsJockey1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore executive l67
So I take it both acc belts are the same size on Ecotec to the l67