Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Steering Pump

Benny56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 11 executive
Hi,
Anyone out there got any info on VT power steering pumps.
Mine is leaking I think. My Haines manual just tells you how to get the pump out of the car and thats all!! :b:
Are they easily fixable?

Benny

A

Astro_Ghouls

I had the same problem a few month ago. Had an issue getting it fixed after a struggle with the car dealer after their stuff up they wouldnt admit to. So here is the story. Bought my car with a 3 month warranty, a month after i got my car i had it a small oil leak, i go to the dealer guy in the service department sticks his head under the bonnet and says its not leaking oil, its condensation coming from the air con. I think "fair enough, i guess he knows what he's talking about". I go overseas, only to come back to find a huge oil patch under the car. I go back to the dealer, tell the about it, they look at it and tell me i have a leaking power steering pump and to pay $250 to get it fixed because its not under warranty anymore (3 month warranty was over) :mad: ...... so after a month of fighting and not backing down, they finally decided to fix it.....overall, if they had look properly the first time they would have dectected it earlier and this crap wouldnt have happened.

B

Balistic3.8L

very comen problem iv had two new pumps fitted b4 i even done 45thousand km !oh and you cant fix them have to buy a new one about 180 each before you blame the pump check all the pumps hose clamps and tighten them sometime thats all it is

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
The pumps are repairable, depending on whats wrong with it.
Most of the time its just the seals going hard, causing the pumps to leak.
15 buck seal kit from holden fixes it easily. Saves you over 150!!!