Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

And so it begins

Nthn_Suss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Senator Sig
I'm 19, live in Perth and own a 99 VT exec sedan, picked it up for 11 grand a few months back. Last weekend sitting at the lights I had a drunk run right up the back of me and had to send the car in for repairs. My loving insurance company decided to pretty much throw money at me to fix the rear bumper, left hand rear light and boot garnish and it got me looking at changing the look of it. Amazingly for a mere $20 more than a single series 1 left rear light I could get a set of genuine GTO rear lights :yeah: . and almost $300 was allocated to replacing the rear garnish, which easily got me a VX replacement painted and fitted with money to spare.

So now the mod's have started I'm confused about where i want to take it next. A C2R kit is a definate, but not before the car is lowered and not on pursuities. I could drop it and get a nice set of 19's but I have gotten a bit of a bug for some more go aswell. Í was thinking along the lines of a custom airbox with a pod filter, throttle body, roller rockers, exhaust and upgrading the ignition. Either do all that or just get a big f**k off stereo and kit it lol such a hard choice.

Any rough estimates on how much that work would cost me and where in Perth to go get it all done?

Cheers, Brendan.

Attachments

• Image034.jpg
    Image034.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 167
  • Image011.jpg
    Image011.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

Nthn_Suss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Senator Sig
Just got it back from the RAC and it looks a million times better with the VX garnish and GTO lights.

Attachments

• Image019.jpg
    Image019.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 194
  • Image007.jpg
    Image007.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 170
R

Roh

Insurance companies.

Mate, do you think that the insurance company encouraging you to put all these mods on for just the same price as stock parts is a ploy to hit you with higher premiums next year due to the amount of mods on the car? If i were you, I'd be careful about accepting anything but identical parts to those that were damaged.

O

ozute

Nthn_Suss, what size rims are those pursuits and what size tyres are you running?

Nthn_Suss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Senator Sig
The insurance company didn't know about me changing the lights, they just allocated that amount for the replacement lights and i managed to find a set of GTO lights for the same money, and the VX garnish is cheaper than the VT as it doesnt have any lights etc built into it so the money saved got it painted. It was all arranged through the repairer directly and the RAC had no issues with any of it.

The rims are 15's with 225/60 tyres, but I got a price for 18" BSA chromie's with tyres and 2 inch drop today. $2500 seem's fair to me, forgot the model of rim tho.

On another note, I got bored today so I bought some red LED parker lights haha look's so mean with em in :yeah:

Attachments

• Image042.jpg
    Image042.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Image041.jpg
    Image041.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 154