Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dash warning lights

vex

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s2
hi guys,
recently while i have been driving the trac off, airbag and engine lights have been coming on (at the same time). this only lasts for about 10 seconds and they dissapear. it seems to be a random thing. any ideas?

Feraljay

Jay
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
hi guys,
recently while i have been driving the trac off, airbag and engine lights have been coming on (at the same time). this only lasts for about 10 seconds and they dissapear. it seems to be a random thing. any ideas?

Could also be 1 of the front hubs check the wires from them might be loose Just a thought:idea3:

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Will get worse,replace ABS module asap.

damienwantss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore/R33 GTS-T
hi guys,

same thing with my wifes vt,came from no where all a sudden but the air bag warning light is always on but the engine light will come on but as soon as i take my foot off the accelerator it goes away then comes back on every few minutes.

piesman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II clubsport r8
I have a 2001 vx clubby and I have been having a similar problem, the engine, abs, trac off, airbag and oil lights stay on when i turn on the ignition and some times they come on after I have been driving for awhile. When the lights stay on the climate control doesn't work, the fuel guage shows full, the temp guage shows cold, the power light doesn't work and the gear change lights on dash dont move among other lights. Some days they switch on and off at random and some days they dont come on at all. Does anyone have a soloution for me.

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
same thing has happened to me, was the abs module

hot-vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ss gen 3
Hi guys sorry to hash up an old thread but I have just joined and was going to ask about the exact problem posted here, when I did a search and found this thread. Can anyone tell me what an abs module cost to fix? Will I need a new one and will I have to get a mechanic to install it??

The problem with my wifes car is the engine, abs, traction control, and air bag warning lights come on all together at times and for the first time yesterday a sound came on along with all the lights. Any help with my questions greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

jimmyp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
hi mate i replaced my wifes abs module last week. it cost me 440.00 including labour. 350 for the reco module and the rest labour.. a good auto elec can do it all the best....

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Hi guys sorry to hash up an old thread but I have just joined and was going to ask about the exact problem posted here, when I did a search and found this thread. Can anyone tell me what an abs module cost to fix? Will I need a new one and will I have to get a mechanic to install it??

The problem with my wifes car is the engine, abs, traction control, and air bag warning lights come on all together at times and for the first time yesterday a sound came on along with all the lights. Any help with my questions greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

There are always plenty of modules on ebay. It is very easy to fit yourself, only the electrical part needs to be replaced, not the whole unit with all the pipes connected to it.
Here is a sample of what's on ebay:VT, VX, V6 ABS MODULE W/TRAC CONTRL C/O REPAIR SERVICE - eBay, Other, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 08-May-10 10:14:38 AEST)