Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX internal fuses?

jeza91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
Hi all

Ive got a 2000 model VX acclaim, and recently the air con blower fan hasn't been working.
The air conditioning unit is still working, but it doesnt pump air out. I got my cousin to have a look and he rekons its a fuse, but not a fuse from the engine bay.

After looking in the manual, neither could work out how to access the interior fuse box. Any pointer?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Grab the cover at the top where the steering column is and there is a gap, pull it towards you. It just clips in.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Does the fan work when the heater is on ? I had the same prob and it was the fan motor that **** itself.
I got one from the wreckers for $16

mushi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pac S2
VX fuse box

here's a pic that shows the dash folded down to expose the fuse box, makes things a bit easier to understand, grab the plastic panel just below the steering wheel (the part of the dash where you adjust the height) and pull down, also pull the side down, it all unclips and lowers on a hinge that is at the bottom of the panel

Attachments

• 30122009116.jpg
    30122009116.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 15,193