Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt engine light on and off when i accelerate

bhopper

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt spac supercharged 6,vp bt1 5.0,vyss lshulk
Hey guy i have been trying to fix this problem now for a month now with no luck ,my problem is when i am driving around the engine light comes on and goes off when i accelerate and also when the engine light comes on the fuel instance stops working on the level 3 dash and sit sat 0.0 and starts again when the engine light turns off, if anybody knows whats is going on let me know as i am about to start kicking panels .

cheers bbhopper

codeunknown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Commodore EXE 1999 with vx 3.8/auto
that sounds like a bad earth....on the system....
do this....
1) check the codes on error report of cars computer and see what it says...
fix anything linked to your current issue...

then...

remove and replace every relay and spray every relay out with wd40 and blow out with air after leaving the wd 40 in for 1hr...

remove and clean all fuses ...everywhere...under the bonnet and under the dash...

clean the battery terminals...and pull the battery leads apart and clean all parts

undo and clean with a steel brush all the cars earths straps..

and unplug and clean with wd40 all sensors ..as well

Try that first....

then try undoing and redoing the leads that run into the computer on the car..and check its earth strap...

after that...cry....

hope that all helps

bhopper

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey code thanks for that i have done the computer check and i have code 92 and code 48 i have replaced the cas today and reset it with my efilive fingers crossed there code 92 well thats been there since i brought the car ,but i have got the low speed working fine i just removed the high speed relay and the low speed function fine ,so i was leaning that way towards a earth problem also i forgot to mention that somtimes the oil light somtimes comes on and stay on and goes off with engine light but that is only once or twice in the last month ,would you know where all the earth points are located or are they fairly obvious i know of the one from the batt to the body near where the abs sits ,the one in the inner guard near battery are there any more you know off like in the car etc if you know of anymore let me know and i will do it all this weekend and ill post back my outcome but i cant think of anything else

thanks for the reply and will let you know

cheers chris

bhopper

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey code thanks mate your a legend i went out the other night and found my problem it was the earth lead from battery to motor the bolt had come loose ,phew thanks god it fixed was really pissing me off thanks mate for your advice would not of thought of it.

cheers bhopper

HBDCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VT Calais SII L67
also are u running any mods like pulley up grade, and stuff like that
cause i have found with a couple l67 with upping boost, some of them had a engine come on under hard accel and when i chucked our scanner on them they said engine lean under load
also happened with mine running 13 psi boost and no tune