Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse parking sensors..

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Hi, I just purchased some reverse parking sensors, but the display is on the mirror. It clips onto my rear view mirror and when I'm in reverse shows up as as an LCD image on the mirror. Installing them seems like a bit of a bitch.

Drilling the holes and putting in the sensors is fine, but it's the rest of the stuff I can't do. I'll probably need an auto sparky to run the wire from inside the roof trim to the boot, connect wires from the sensor hub to the reversing light and to connect the detectors from inside the rear bumber to the hub.

Anyone have any idea how much this should cost? If I do the drilling myself.

It's actually meant to be DIY kit, but I'm clueless when it comes to anything electronic..

stevegunn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim wagon vt acclaim sedan
Cant help ya with the install there but i am curious about this item! Tell me where from etc.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
stevegunn said:
Cant help ya with the install there but i am curious about this item! Tell me where from etc.

From ebay..

link here

I went to their shop, quoted me $180, so I just won it for $80. Not bad.

stevegunn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim wagon vt acclaim sedan
Just gotta love the use of the english language for the ebay item! Obviously translated from chinese or similar :unsure: