Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front suspension issue

Timothy67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX SS Commodore Sedan
I had my car's suspension bushes replaced with a complete adjustable nolathane bush kit last week.
When I picked the car up from the work shop I was made aware of a small vibration that was not there when I took dropped it off.
The car was inspected again at my request prior to taking it home and no problems were found so home I went.
3 days later I went on a 500 km drive to visit family.
On the way home I started to hear a knocking noise front the front end, and because it was dark and in the middle of nowhere, so seeing any rreal problems was hard to see.
The car was steering ok, so I drove the remaining 100 kms onto home very slowly.
When I got home I noticed that my sway bar had come off its support on the passanger side, the front was sagging and the strut tower was sticking out of the tower support about half an inch and leaning towards the back of the car.
The suspension guy obviously forgot to do up the sway bar bolts when he replaced them with nolathane.
Now my question is...apart from the missing nut and washer...what other damage is likely to have occurred.
We are talking about a $1300 job and I'm not inpressed with the end result.