Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

v6 Serpentine Belt

bradson

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina
How long do the v6 multi v serpentine drive belts normally last?

C

clubbie_50

they last ages, well mine did anyway, just like any other car really when it cracks replace it only worth around $25 genuine anyway, there are worse things to worry about like tyres.!

A

agrade

Good question. You are allowed cracks across the belt but not along the belt.
Has anyone had their belt actually fail?

F

flowerchild

My Belt has just broken for the second time is this common?

F

fsck

Never had a serpentine belt break on me, they're very durable. However if you are having regular breaks I'd take a look at how well your accessories and tensioner are mounted, if you have one of them out of alignment at all it may affect belt life.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
i bought a gates belt 4 yrs ago when i added s/c and it was fine but started to slip a little bit so i went and got new one but silly me bought a repco one 40 BUX and was a little bit bigger and slipped a little bit so i sprayed it with belt grip drove home turned car off in the morning started it drove 1 k and it shedded and broke off
stupid repco said their brand was the same but ill buy a new gates one in future and pay more

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
mine broke once because the tension pulley was a bit c*ck eyed and it stripped the belt. change the pulley and no prob for the last 2-3 years. i always carry one in the boot anyway.