Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

changing engine mounts on a VT V6 berlina??

dannyVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Non! Sold the Berlina
Hey everyone !
I have a 1998 Holden Berlina V6 VT and the engine mounts on it have gone. The car has done around 173,000ks and when i had it up off the ground i saw that it had a few problems :bomb: The sump is currently resting on the crossmember and im pritty sure its making the ride a lot bumpier and rougher.

The question I want to know is how hard is it to do a DIY with changing the engine mounts and is around $50 each mount sound right ??
Any advice would be apreciated

Danny

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I paid $400 for mine i think, dropped the car 7am grabbed it 4pm. What is involved i'm not 100%, but i know A/C can be removed for easier access.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Got to lift the engine off obviously, not easily done in backyard by one person.

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
Undo the bolts to cross member, slip in a suitable piece of 6mm steel plate, (this steel plate will lift the motor off the cross member) then tighten mount bolts. Simple and CHEAP!
Did mine about 50K ago, still no problems.

bigneilsen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1
hit up ebay for mounts.
holden wanted to charge me $160ea
brains auto got me 1 for $80
i got the second one from ebay for $40 lol

ive got the second one sitting on my bench so if someone writes up a how to id like to see it as well.lol

aparently passenger side is alot harder than drive side.

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
the reason holden charge so much is they are meant to be an oiled filled mount which makes them alot smoother and better than the rubber ones

dannyVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Non! Sold the Berlina
Thanks guys for the advice!
Ive got a block and tackle at home im just not sure if ill bother with all the work!!
Danny

dannyVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Non! Sold the Berlina
cheers mate ! do u think you could write up a detailed how to do or help find one out there?
thanks again pablo
danny

stevieVT

The apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT berlina
Undo the bolts to cross member, slip in a suitable piece of 6mm steel plate, (this steel plate will lift the motor off the cross member) then tighten mount bolts. Simple and CHEAP!
Did mine about 50K ago, still no problems.

WTF this doesnt solve your problem. When your engine mounts go they sit on a pin that runs though the centre of the mount. this is what helps cause the vibration. why would you even bother sliding a peice of metal in the gap it still lets the engine connect to the cross member and create a vibration. and your mounts are still stuffed. :/

And Tbh i cant stand doing them on a hoist at work so i wouldnt bother trying for a diy job