Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT spark plug leads and Shocks

rekymec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Hi I have 2 questions as you can see by the title.

Ok first if the spark plug leads I have been quoted $69 for Bosh 8.0mm leads $64 for Top Gun 8.0mm spiral core leads and $79 for Eagle 9.0mm spiral core leads. obviously the spiral core are better so the Bosch ones are out of the question but should I spend the extra and get the 9.0mm ones will they make a difference.

Ok 2nd the car has 130k on the clock and as far as I can tell it still has the original shocks in it I have all the service history and cant find anywhere that they have been changed. How many kms should I get out of the original shocks and what should I replace them with traditionally I put Monroe gas shocks in my cars but is there a better option.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Chris

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Hi I have 2 questions as you can see by the title.

Ok first if the spark plug leads I have been quoted $69 for Bosh 8.0mm leads $64 for Top Gun 8.0mm spiral core leads and $79 for Eagle 9.0mm spiral core leads. obviously the spiral core are better so the Bosch ones are out of the question but should I spend the extra and get the 9.0mm ones will they make a difference.

Ok 2nd the car has 130k on the clock and as far as I can tell it still has the original shocks in it I have all the service history and cant find anywhere that they have been changed. How many kms should I get out of the original shocks and what should I replace them with traditionally I put Monroe gas shocks in my cars but is there a better option.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Chris

If you ask me, I really doubt that there will be any difference with any of those leads and I would be replacing the shocks at least every 100,000k, Monroes are fine.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
boshe r the better leads out of those 3 that will last longer. They r wat holden use neways.

SSINZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo. 6 Speed. OTR. Tune. Some other bitz
Stock Leads are without a doubt the best for a stock Engine. If you have supercharger/MSD/Turbo/Cam upgrade then. but other wise keep it stock you wont see any diff on the dyno with diff leads..! As far as shocks should be changed @ 100.000 and go for Monaro GT shocks - bout $550 instore

rekymec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
I was talking to a guy at sprints and he recons that KYB shocks are better for the same sort of money.

Chris