Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flasher unit constantly ticking.

hshaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive Wagon
The flasher unit in my VT exec wagon is constantly ticking rapidly. The indicators still work but there is also a slight burning smell. Should I just replace the flasher unit or would it be something more sinister?

hshaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive Wagon
Quick update and question.

I replaced the flasher unit and still have the same problem.

My question is:

Is the engine management computer the same as the body control module? Sorry if it is a stupid question, i'm new to this.

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
2 different things bcm is under the steering wheel and controls security etc computer is in the left kick panel

SMOKN_LJ

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
LJ Torana, VL Calais
the problem with the blinkers is in the blinker stalk, the blinker noise happens more frequently in the hotter time of the year as the contacts get warmer and expand, if you replace the blinker stalk it should fix your problem.

hshaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive Wagon
I took the car to get looked at and in the end it was the indicator stalk. $133 later it's all fixed.

wal

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive v6/vc commodores
hi all also changed my blinker stalk thru constant ticking it was only $54 from mcgragh holden at moorebank

vy_pete05

Please rate my feedback
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY Exec SII
i have that problem, and when driving with high beams the indicator makes a constant and quick ticking sound...im assuming the prob is the same, at least now you know you're not alone on this one :)

Thomo

UNLEASH THE LION WITHIN
Reaction score
Members Ride
FAMILY VT & HONDA 04 CRF250
Ive got the same problem.Took it to a auto electrician and he said it was the blinker stalk.It was $60 installed and they are brought the part from holden.He said that it is a common problem.

V

VN Tim

my mums VT SII executive had that same noise! asked a mechanic who said it was the flasher unit, so it was replaced (cant remeber how much exactly) didnt work initially, so asked mechanic again, i was told it might have been a 'dirty' connection! and that rapidly turning the hazard lights on and off a few times might solve it. done this and as far as i know she has had no problems with it

wal

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive v6/vc commodores
another blinker stalk

just replaced another blinker stalk i think ive woked out why...when changing
lanes i dont push stalk all the way down or up i just hold it till it blinks...this
time ill push it all the way down and up and see how long this one lasts:bow: