Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P Off Mode - But different...

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
On my gf's VU SS we just got, when the car is running, and you hit the mode button to cycle thru odom/trip/speed alert/DTE, when you get the the speed alert, the LCD just reads 'P Off' What does this mean? And how do I change it back to normal?
I tried a search but all I could find is threads about 'P Off' being in the 'hidden' menu that you can get in at start up that just means your parkers are off or whatever (and no the P off on our VU isnt 'parkers off' as it stays up on the LCD even with the parkers turned on) couldnt find anything about P Off being in the speed alert menu.

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
i know on my brothers instead of having a speed in the speed alert it says something off

never took that much notice tho... does it have speed alert set?

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
lol never herd of that one,it might be like Herby wants its last owner lol.

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Nope tried the lights coz I remembered reading about the P Off in the hidden menu being parker, doesnt change it.
And nope no speed alert is set, it wont let you. I tried the up/down buttons usually used t select your required speed alert and it doesnt do anything. Still just says P Off.
Quite odd :S lol

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
The follow is taken from an article that 'Autospeed' did on the VT/VX hidden computer functions...

"The display that reads P OFF presumably isn't telling you 'where to go', but indicates that the "police mode" is not activated. We're told only a TECH2 tool can access this mode and its function is unknown."

It is what is called POLICE mode, I think it gives a PERMANET digital speedo in the odometer window when activated instead of the over speed alert. Needs Holden to activate it with their Tech2 tool.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
^^^^^wrong it means your parkers r off not police mode as i hav tried it. p off turn prakers on p on . as for yours macca86 i dont know cus i had to access the hidden menu for that.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
Have a read... The bit about what 'P OFF' means is towards the bottom of the article.

Browser Warning

EDIT:
After reading a few more articles on the LS1 forum, I am not sure if 'Autospeed' have the right info on what 'P OFF' means seems to be a few differing opinions.

Last edited:

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
well all i can say on my vx ss is that p off is the parkers as said before when they r off it says p off turn them on an it changes to p on no changing anything with a tech 2 this is in the hidden menu section

Last edited:

RichoKidd

Obese Commodores
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
I thought it ment your Speed Alert was turned off and all you had to do was hold or press and up or down or both arrows