Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unsolved noise problem

Nagwash

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Calais
Hi, first time posting here. I'm very eager to get a problem with my car fixed as it seems no mechanic knows whats going on with my car. I'm sick of paying them for parts that they think is going to fix it and a few weeks later the noise is back.
I have a problem where when ever i turn a corner left or right, my car starts making a loud knocking sound some thing like "toc toc toc toc..." until the corner is finished and only way do avoid this sound is to drive slower than an old person around corners. The more weight in the car the louder the sound gets and when its fully loaded with passengers the knocking sound occurs when accelerating at normal speed. When i take a corner sharp, there is sometimes a bang sound and the car jolts a bit. It freaks me out.

Something else i've noticed is that when the car is hoisted up on a lift, the car will no longer make the noise after it comes back on the ground for about a week or so after, its like something is miss alligned?
I've had this problem for almost a year now, can someone please help?

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
without seeing or driving the car I would have to say it has IRS and the drive shafts are worn.

moose man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII
More information required.

What has been replaced?
What has been tested? How was it tested?
Modifications?
Driving history? crash/hoon etc.
Is it a cyclic noice during wheel rotation?

Nagwash

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Calais
I can't remeber the parts which have been replaced, i didn't find it relevant to remeber that at the time.
What has been tested: Dono, not a mechanic.
No mods
I have a perfect driving record, and im 25. I do not hoon around in it, its simply A to B transport.
I don't know if you'd class the noise as a cylic noise but it has its own rythm, the fast you are going the quicker the noise.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
i have the same problem man, only when i turn right a ticking kinda noise and gets faster as you build speed, i though it might have been a wheel bearing or something

Nagwash

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Calais
i have the same problem man, only when i turn right a ticking kinda noise and gets faster as you build speed, i though it might have been a wheel bearing or something

I think we may have the same problem, mine does that too!

thepowerman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Executive
i know your feeling as well i have replaced radius rod bushes both ends, tie rod ends, link pin and bushes, sway bar bushes, strut top bushes and bearing and i still have a clunk and little rattle when i turn corners, i am still trying to work out what it is, the only thing i have come up with so far replace evrything one piece at atime until it goes lol

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
it sounds like drive shafts as irs commies have probs with them most of all when they are lowered to much