Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT kicks over just wont start!!

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
hey guys, i have been runnin in and out of my house all day goin from forums to my car trying to work out why i just wont start, it kicks over well and there is with out a doubt enough power in the battery to start it, having 14V. I saw a few threads sayin give the starter motor a knock with a hammer, or turn my key right to the point before ignition leaving for abit then trying to start, but nothing seems to be working. so could it be starter motor, spark plugs? please help me

Thanks guys :)

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Check for codes bridge pins 5&6.
There could be no spark. Check for spark.
If there is no spark it can be the DFI module/CAS or even the EFI relay.
If there is spark the ignition side of things are good.
It could even be a communication failure between the BCM/PCM.
They talk to each other upon start up. The PCM enables the fuel system. Or even the PCM could be playing up

VTLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 LS1 -VX S2 SS LS1
knock the starter with a hammer is only if your starter motor is buggered. if your vehicle turns over does it start then stop or turns over but not start at all? if vehicle turns over then starts then stops immediately you might just have a buggered keyhead battery,if you have a spare key try that. if the vehicle turns over but doesnt start go through the last reply & see what happens.:)

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
i could sit there and it just keeps kickin over and over, no start. ive tryed both sets of keys and yea, somethin muckin up.

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
yea maybe, they have been droped a fair bit over the years, and they are the original keys from 11 years ago so wouldnt surprize me. how do i go about gettin a new key and all the rest?

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Does the fuel pump turn on?

RichoKidd

Obese Commodores
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Only way you can get them is to call Holden and give them your arm (or $550.00) Then you gotta get it coded (Another limb)

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
umm im not to sure what to listen out for, whats it sound like when the fuel pump kicks in?
I might just go to holden either way and get new keys, these ones are pretty f*cked lol