Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where can i get bolt on wheel spacers

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
Not really interested in spending money on wheels, the factory wheels arnt to bad on the ss but the poor offset makes it look a bit ghosty.
after some 25-30mm bolt on spacers for 5 x 120, had a bit of a search and cant find anything so just wondering if you guys know anywhere i can get them.

I DO NOT WANT SLIP ONS!!!!

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
you do know there illegal and dangerous
even bolt ons

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
you do know there illegal and dangerous
even bolt ons

Sorry If this is a little off topic, but how exactly are they dangerous? not being smart, Im just curious... as I hear that alot

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
they extend the angle on the hub and spigot and stress wheel studs

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
They are also dangerous to your wallet. Have a smash caused by the spacers breaking your wheel studs and your insurance is wiped

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
man everything is illegal on cars, the foot rest in my s14 is about the only thing legal on my car and my s13 could not even be registered with the cage in it, im not worried about it.
in fact in vic with the 1 intake mod rule technically you cant have an otr intake kit as its more than one modification to the intake system, and just about any descent full exhaust system on a ls1 is illegal.

as for being dangerous... well quality bolt ons are not as bad as you think, i have been running spacers on most of my cars all my life and being thrown around a track sideways at 140km with 10" wheels and descent rubber i have never had any dramas nor do the other hundred blokes in the club or the thousands of people running them.

Anyway im not after a debate about bolt ons i just want to know if i can get 5 x 120's some where.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
deleted comment (get back to first topic)

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
how do the change any angles? if they changed angles, the wheels would wobble and be undriveable.

theyre just the same as running low offset wheels, as long as you get hubcentric ones, theyre fine. still illegal, but fine.

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
Ah right, so theirs no alternate safer option?
Yeah you can buy wheels with the correct offset but something i have noticed with commodores is most of the wheels suck with fitment haha, all these 17x 7's and 18 x 8's and there all positive offset, if there was some descent 17 x 9 or 10's with 0 or neg offset i would get them instead of spacers but by the looks of it as there is no demand no company is really making them for commodores, as the 5 x 120 seems to be only a commodore and bmw thing.
I know i can get custom 3 peices wheels from a few companies made up but im not spending 3000 + on wheels on my work horse, i just dont want it looking like a hover craft.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
man everything is illegal on cars, the foot rest in my s14 is about the only thing legal on my car and my s13 could not even be registered with the cage in it, im not worried about it.
in fact in vic with the 1 intake mod rule technically you cant have an otr intake kit as its more than one modification to the intake system, and just about any descent full exhaust system on a ls1 is illegal.

as for being dangerous... well quality bolt ons are not as bad as you think, i have been running spacers on most of my cars all my life and being thrown around a track sideways at 140km with 10" wheels and descent rubber i have never had any dramas nor do the other hundred blokes in the club or the thousands of people running them.

Anyway im not after a debate about bolt ons i just want to know if i can get 5 x 120's some where.

check out some of the bmw sites, they run the same stud pattern. center hole is the hardest thing you'll have to work with.