Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission problem?

m0rgZVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 3.8
Hey,
Well I've had my VT Calais v6 for about 6 or so months now, and I've recently noticed when I'm driving after accelerating, say my revs are at 4000 after I back off the accelerator the revs drop down instantly to what they sit at idle, then when I accelerate again the revs go back up to where they are meant to be, If I'm driving down a hill and I put it back in 3rd or even 2nd the revs don't go up they sit down at idle unless I accelerate.
Hopefully what I said made some sense...

I been searching the internet all day today and haven't come across anything... Please help me :)

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
This Is very strange, How long has it been since the trans has been serviced?

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
It seems like it is going into neutral as that's what happens when you do that in a manual car.
It is an auto though, right?

It might be the gear lever out of position a little, but as it is happening in 3rd and 2nd I would say that something is up with the gear box. Doesn't appear to be a band slipping as it would act opposite if it was. Could be the computer running it. Or something out of adjustment/broken in the gearbox.

m0rgZVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 3.8
To be honest I'm not too sure when the tranny was last serviced, I bought the car from a dealership back in February with 210k's on the clock all service books etc, however 2 days later the big end on the engine stuffed up, I got my mechanic to throw in a another 3800 motor which had only done about 80k, transmission stayed the same obviously. My car now has done about 217k, I haven't driven it much since I've had it. And yeah it is an auto. I was just out in my car driving and I did noticed it has a little more of a delay when switching from reverse to drive and back, used to be instant now has about a 1/2 second delay, I hope I don't have to get a new transmission as I'd rather waste my money on something else for the car...