Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hsv gts 300 mods

stick100

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 hsv gts 300
hi i have just brought a 2001 hsv gts 300 .
what would be the best mods i could do to the engine to get a bit more power
and where is the best place to get replacement front brake discs it has the hsv premium brakes

helicraze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Clubsport R8
So is this the GTS VT2?? If so they are very rare, what is your disc sizes, i found a good guy in Victoria (Bayswater) you will get a set of discs for under $1000 easily slotted.

Is this manual?

I started modding my VT 2 clubsport R8 and in all honesty if i had something like that aside from full exhaust and new high flow airfilter i would leave it original.

Its been 1 thing after another with my car, trans broke the other day, so rebuilding stronger with 2800RPM highstall, including me hiring a car for a week its about $3000 on that, spent $1000 last week on brakes, $1000 on interior (new leather bits to replace worn stuff), fuel pump $500 etc, been a costly month for sure.

Enjoy it, i am jealous

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
if its a c4b they are prone to braking so a valve spring and cam change should be on the cards

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
have a look at the ls1 forum and search C4B and see what comes up....
Most guys have had valve springs break, cam chew out lobes etc etc. So a valve spring and cam change is probably your best mod to save money in the long run. Its more than likely you will have to do this in the future anyway.If you can, check with the previous owner and see what, if anything, thay have had done to it.

stick100

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 hsv gts 300
it's had the valve springs done air filter replaced with a k&n exhaust has the rear box deleted
brakes could trouble soon as they will only see one more set of pads they are the hsv premium brakes which measure 362 x 32 x 48 vain which in england cost £400 each

helicraze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Clubsport R8
Oh right so you really live in England.

Well good luck with that. Those size rotors are exspensive for sure.