Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tech 2 Programming VT 5.7l need a wiz on the tech 2

KA30TC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 6SPD 5.7L
Hey all i changed my front seat and the airbag light wouldnt go out and the car wouldnt let me use the mode button once in reset mode or reset my trip meter service light was on so i cleared everything (tacho and speedo also)got my hands on a tech 2 reprogrammed it cleared my fault codes all fine but when i turn the ignition on the car show error and i can hold down the trip meter buttons to get to reset function but no beeps and no modes? any clues?

KA30TC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 6SPD 5.7L
sorted it for anyone who wants to know SDM fault is secondary module = (SRS) turns out seat belt tensioners are apart of the srs eg

1 airbag 1 seat belt tensioner = 2 Loop srs
2 Airbag 1 seatbelt tensioner = 3 Loop srs
2 Airbag 2 seatbelt tensioner = 4 Loop srs
4 Airbag (2 are side airbags in the seats) 2 seat belt tensioners = 6 Loop srs
i was trying to program as a 4 Loop due to four Airbags not realising the seat belt tensioners were part of the loop hopes this helps

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
sorted it for anyone who wants to know SDM fault is secondary module = (SRS) turns out seat belt tensioners are apart of the srs eg

1 airbag 1 seat belt tensioner = 2 Loop srs
2 Airbag 1 seatbelt tensioner = 3 Loop srs
2 Airbag 2 seatbelt tensioner = 4 Loop srs
4 Airbag (2 are side airbags in the seats) 2 seat belt tensioners = 6 Loop srs
i was trying to program as a 4 Loop due to four Airbags not realising the seat belt tensioners were part of the loop hopes this helps

For anyone interested, its a similar setup with the Tech 1 scantool which is used by holden dealers on the older models (VS and older).It depends on what srs system configuration number the srs module is programmed with.On the VS, srs system configuration number 06 is programmed into the srs module for drivers side airbag configuration only,and 08 for both passenger and drivers airbag configuration.It also gives the options to program these srs modules for left and right side pretensioners as well as the airbags.The VS didnt have pretensioners,so obviously this configuration isnt used,so I dont know what the numbers would have been for these.

KA30TC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 6SPD 5.7L
For anyone interested, its a similar setup with the Tech 1 scantool which is used by holden dealers on the older models (VS and older).It depends on what srs system configuration number the srs module is programmed with.On the VS, srs system configuration number 06 is programmed into the srs module for drivers side airbag configuration only,and 08 for both passenger and drivers airbag configuration.It also gives the options to program these srs modules for left and right side pretensioners as well as the airbags.The VS didnt have pretensioners,so obviously this configuration isnt used,so I dont know what the numbers would have been for these.

they would have come out on the VS GTS or any VS with a 5.7L and / or select few HSV models as pretensioners were introduced late VS early VT

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
they would have come out on the VS GTS or any VS with a 5.7L and / or select few HSV models as pretensioners were introduced late VS early VT

Im not real sure,the tech 1 shows the build date of the srs module and airbag as being made in 1995.Which is the same year as the car that its in.A 1995 VS.

KA30TC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 6SPD 5.7L
mate youve got me there cause the first VS GTS was '96 i believe unless they used the same module late '95 eg Nov/Dec onwards as when new models were produced there is always some overlap between years *shrug* cant be sure

KA30TC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 6SPD 5.7L
Need help again guys using a carman i received these errors:
0001 Output Overload
0007 Pcm Data Lost
0008 PCM Vehicle Speed data unstable

now i reset my bcm and cleared the fault codes re read them and got the

0001 output overload

the reason i put a scan tool on the car is because the car overheats when driving for no reason (possible not enough power to thermos?)
the power windows stop working
the interior light stops working
and the a/c stops working
central locking stops occassionally start the car a few times with door shut then use remote before i open the door the central locking tends to come back
these all start working and stop working at any given time.

if i turn the motor off the windows work again then switch the car back on n keep driving the windows wont work after about 5- 20 mins start working again.

question is: could this be?

Aftermarket stereo?
PCM F****d
BCM F****d
or alternater needs replacing any ideas? on output overload??????

any help appreciated

KA30TC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 6SPD 5.7L
Thanks dude eventually found it. was a relay for the thermo fans. had the wrong relay in it high speed fan fine low speed fan fine as soon as mid speed fan kicked in short occured