Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX - Airbag Diagnostic Problem

zeke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S2
Hey guys.

Airbag light on the dash stays on.

Auto-elec cant access the section for the airbag to see what the problem is. Anyone had this problem?

He works for my dads company, and re-sets the airbags on other commodores all the time, so he is not a newbie at this.

vs commo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
sounds like the clock spring mate i need to do mine in my vt cause i had the same problem they r $220 from holden but if the auto elec that u went to cant work it out id go somewhere else

zeke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S2
What does the clock spring do?

The problem is that he cant connect to the air bag computer (not sure what the unit is called) to re-set the alarm and airbag light.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
id be getting it checked out somewhere else. just replacing random parts is costly cos your guessing to what part it could be.... the most common fault for the airbag light to sstay on is seatbelt pretensioner wiring plug under the front seats , it sets a high resistance or open circuit fault code,

zeke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S2
Exactly Boonz, I dont wish to replace parts unnecessarily.

But like I said, the issue at the moment is I cant scan for an error code. As it will not interface. Therefore the airbag light can not be re-set.

The auto-elec has re-set the airbag light tonnes of times for my dads company, but this is the first time it will not interface.

ausrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 SS M6/79 chev Monza
ok usually a scanner tool will tell you which part of the air bag system is faulty ,if there is a communication error (like my car had) then it is most likely the sensor under the console has failed !

club255

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Hsv WM Grange
take it to holden and get them to do a tech 2 diagnostic, had the same problem with my vx and had to get the drivers side seat airbag replaced.