Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

starting probs

mynameisearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt s pac
hi guys i searched through the threads on here for months now trying to work out the problem with my car,

The problem is that when ever i go to start it i have crank it for about 10 seconds to get it to kick over, i was told to start with that it was the metal ring on my ignition that the key touchs causing a problem with the immobiliser so i replaced that. $80

Then the problem was still there so they tested the fuel pump and said it was stuffed (also got a 2nd opinion, they agreed) so i replaced that $300

the problem was still there and i was told it was my battery and it had a stuffed cell because after fully charging it after afew cranks it would drop way down in volts, also was getting an error code for the o2 sensor code 63 they said it would be because of the battery because if it drops below 9v they can log false codes? anyway put a new battery in today $160 and the starting prob is still there

mynameisearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt s pac
looks like everyone is a stuffed as me as to whats wrong with the heap of sh#t lol