Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt series 1 5.0 and OBD2 compatability

deanos70

Reaction score
I have a 97 VT 5.0 litre series 1 engine in a toyota hilux

well half way through the conversion anyway

while the $US is good im looking at buying an OBD2 Scan tool, i have emailed the company in the states and they have said if the vehicle has on the emission label under the bonnet that its OBD2 compliant it will work with an Australian vehicle

to get to my question , if some one has a VT series 1 5.0 litre , next time you pop your bonnet can you have a look at the emission label and see if it says OBD2 on there

thankyou

deanos70

Reaction score
Hi Macca
Thanks very much for the fast response and having a look for me

Maybe its not then, dont want to fork out the cash if its not going to read the engine

heres the reply from the company im the states i asked the question too

"I own one of the two Holden’s sold in North America the Pontiac GTO the other is the Pontiac G8.

Our code readers work on 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles sold in the US and Canada. Vehicles sold in other countries, although similar, are not set up the same as the ones sold in the US, and our readers may not be able to link. There are times when our readers will link to vehicles sold outside the US, but “there are no guarantees as these vehicles were not regulated until 2001”. You can verify if the vehicle is OBD2 compliant by looking at the emission label. This label would be located under the hood, normally in front of the radiator. If the label states OBD2 compliant our readers will be able to connect to the vehicles on board computer.

Technical Support"
i was looking at these readers Equus Products, INC.

thanks again for having a look for me

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
As far as I am aware they are not compatable.

deanos70

Reaction score
thanks benboy
i will check those out

rb26dett im starting to think that myself

thanks for the replies