Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT FE2 Rear Swaybar Bar

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive 9C1
Hi Guys,

I took my VT 1 in for a roadworthy today, and after a few issues where the guy is being rather picky, caster bushes, link bars, things that would pass but he is being anal.

He got to the point where he told me that the car is i quote "missing a rear swaybar bar". I told him he was joking and that it has never had one replaced and never had one fall off, i asked him to investigate a bit more for me, about an hour later i got a call and he apologized saying that he rang holden and asked them and they checked, for some weird reason there were 10 VT series 1's (1998 year) that had FE2 fitted that do not have rear swaybars,

firstly is there anyone out there who has this same batch?
secondly why wouldnt it have one?
& thirdly, should i put one in, im leaning towards a yes just to make it handle a bit better.

Matt

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Maybe Holden ran out of swaybars and couldn't be bothered to make some more!
Definitely get one, as there should be a big difference in handling!

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
You will have to unbolt the rear cross member to fit the stabilizer bar as it fits between the floor and crossmember.
Caster bushes and link bars are pretty east DIY projects if you don't was to spend money on labour .

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive 9C1
it all has to get done for a roadworthy, i sent it there today not having any idea that there were issues like this, i sent it to have a service only 5000 ago and was told that everything was ok, i had been a bit sus about the mechanic my parents went to, so now i know i was right, also im charging my dad most of the cost of it, its his car not mine, this is to get it roadworthy, so its his issue just im dealing with it... its going to need new caster bushes and caster rods, the front two are cracked through, also going to need new uni joint boots as they are shot to pieces, new link bar bushes, completly worn through, so far the guy has told me that the car is in insanely good nick and because it has been looked after really well all these things are starting to raise their heads cause all these parts are original, im just ####ing pissed that the stupid mechanic that serviced it last time didnt notice all these ####ing problems, time to start servicing myself i think!