Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hose question

watto25

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
can anyone tell me what this hose is in my VT v6
would take it out but its my only way of getting up the street to get a new one

4uhxmh.png

it has a split in it and is spitting out steam (hence the duct tape)
sorry if its a bit big, and sideways haha

and also, would this hose have anything to do with my car overheating and my trans stufffin up?
or is my car just f*cked?

cheers lads

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
its a heater hose and with it leaking you will get losing coolant from your radiator and getting air in the system, replace it asap or risk major damage

watto25

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
its a heater hose and with it leaking you will get losing coolant from your radiator and getting air in the system, replace it asap or risk major damage

cheers pal

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Just take off hose clamps remove hose ,fit new one and tighten clamps . You might want to use a bit of lubricant on the ends of the hose so they slip on easier .
Also there are two heater hoses on your car , make sure you get the correct one . One hose has different size ends ( one bigger than the other ) and the other hose hasn't. Pretty sure the one that needs replacing on you car is the one with the different size ends . Make sure you top up and bleed the cooling system after changing the hose . Cheers ,Dave C

watto25

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
Just take off hose clamps remove hose ,fit new one and tighten clamps . You might want to use a bit of lubricant on the ends of the hose so they slip on easier .
Also there are two heater hoses on your car , make sure you get the correct one . One hose has different size ends ( one bigger than the other ) and the other hose hasn't. Pretty sure the one that needs replacing on you car is the one with the different size ends . Make sure you top up and bleed the cooling system after changing the hose . Cheers ,Dave C

i got a new hose, put it in and bled it with the coke bottle gravity trick
car still runs a bit funny so i decided to bleed it again, with the engine running as i read in another thread.
nothing come out of the bleed valve so im assuming this is a water pump problem?

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
If nothing came outa the air bleed valve (on top of thermos stat housing, you didn't have the coolant level high enough in the coke bottle. You must have this level higher so the coolant will bleed out of the little valve screw.
Sometimes you may get an air lock around the thermostat when it is closed. To over come this and to speed things up, I have found if I fill radiator then fit the cap, then open the bleed valve and give the top hose a squeeze (expels air) then close valve and you will find the coolant level has dropped in radiator. Fill it up again and repeat the process, open, squeeze, close, fill, and eventually you will see coolant squrting out of valve when you squeeze the top hose.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
also need to get the heater tap rredone too. that happened to me twice mate, then foudn out my radiator shat itself and had to get a new radiator...not fun...