Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aircon problem again, replaced the compressor by holden dealer and fail again ,HELP!!

jinxu_0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM
Hi guys,

Two weeks ago, I had my vt series 1 aircon compressor replaced by holden dealer(Metro Holden). and the compressor(brand new and after market ) cost me about 500 dollars, plus 300 dollars labor,and o ring ,regas etc. Then aircon works just fine, though not freezing air but cold air.

Today, when I turned the A/C on, no cold air at all.

I checked my compressor by swithching on and off A/C, I found out when A/C is on, the front part of the compressor is rotating and when A/C is off , the front part of the compressor stop rotating.

But when A/C is on, the front part of the compressor is not rotating all the time, and it stopped after rotating say 5 seconds.

Please help, Why aircon not working , bad compressor? What should I do when I see holden dearler?

When he told me the compressor should be replaced, and he said the aftermarket one cost 500 bucks,and warranty only for the compressor , if it fails, I still need to pay the labor.

jinxu_0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM
Oh, by the way, when turn A/C on, should the front part of the compressor start rotating or it suppose to just rotate few times and stop?

cheers

jinxu_0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM
I will definitely go to see holden dearler on Monday, could someone tell me why aircon not working and what should I say to the dealer to get the problem fixed,please.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Id take it back to holden and get them to diagnose whether its a faulty compressor ,or if its something they have done while installing it.If it is the compressor thats faulty,get the holden dealer to write a quick note explaining that the compressor was faulty when they installed it,just in case you need to send it through to whoever you bought the compressor from.They should replace it for you under warranty...

Last edited:

jinxu_0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM
the compressor was provided by holden dealer

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Oh, by the way, when turn A/C on, should the front part of the compressor start rotating or it suppose to just rotate few times and stop?

cheers

Yes it should. You might have a leak and that is why it is not working. The compressor clutch won't engage if it is low on refrigerant.

jinxu_0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM
Yes it should. You might have a leak and that is why it is not working. The compressor clutch won't engage if it is low on refrigerant.

when the front part stop rotating , i can see it want to rotate but it cannot, even when I stopped the engine, I can still see it want to rotate.

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Sounds like your compressor is working properly. The front part should spin when you first start it but should stop after a while as the system pressure reaches a high enough point. There is a pressure switch on your reciever dryer that switches the compressor clutch on or off. If the compressor ran constantly then the air con core would ice up until it split open. One of the pipes going into the compressor should get really cold and start to ice up close to the compressor if it is working properly. You could have a problem with your heater controls or one of the flaps under the dash so the cold air is not getting to the vents.