Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Level Ride Suspension — Ride Height Compressor

Quill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Senator 5000i & VX 5.7 Berlina Wagon
I have a VX Berlina wagon with FE2 and Level Ride Suspension. It seems that the ride height compressor needs replacing (or repair?). The local dealer reckons that he can pump up the shocks OK, but the compressor just can't hack it any more.

OK. No big deal. Replace the compressor: 04E-211917. But today I was told that these are no longer available.

Does anyone have a different story? Can the old compressor be repaired? Does anyone know what the difference between this compressor and one being advertised for a VY-VZ-WH might be?

Any help at this stage appreciated.

macca33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Senator 300
I've got a Compressor, struts and air lines out of my last Senator. I was going to keep them, but would be prepared to part with them to a person in need. I'd be after $400 + postage for the lot - $250 + postage for the compressor.

If you're interested PM me.

Mods - I know this isn't a 'for sale' thread, however, I did not intend upon advertising these items, so if the OP wishes, I can assist him.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
If you need it, then replace it, if you dont use the level ride, or can get away without it just disconnect the level ride air compressor and the shocks will act as normal shocks would

Quill

Reaction score
Members Ride
The car has a 'towing kit', which was a big part of the reason for the LRS. In practice, I don't really tow anything (it seemed like a good idea at the time), so the LRS isn't a critical item. But it's there, so why not have it working (if I can... and it's not too much trouble...).

As you note, the nice thing about the LRS arrangement is that without a functional compressor, the shocks just work like normal shocks. At the moment, the compressor just chugs away when I start the car, until it realises that it's not getting anywhere, then ultimately stops. If I was unable to fix it somehow, then yes, just disconnecting it would at least remove the constant reminder that it wasn't working...

I'm not losing any sleep over this one. But if I can fix it (without its costing me an arm and a leg...), why not? I'd actually be very happy to go through the process of fitting a 'more recent' compressor, if I could find one that I knew would work (that was the reason for the last part of my question).

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I'm reasonably sure one from a WH or WK would be the same.

Quill

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just for the record, the compressor in my VX is indeed the same as the one listed as a Holden part for a VY-VZ-WH series Level Ride Suspension system. For some reason, the latter is about $200 dearer from Holden than the part listed for the VT-VX series, but it's available on eBay for about $383 (+ postage).