Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Berlina Few Questions

Pookie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Had my VX Series 2 Berlina for a few weeks now and was wondering how to fix this little problem.

Right hand reverse light gets water in it ,is there anything to do to fix this ?

I use the 2 bucket wash to wash my car but what is the good wax/polish to use

Also can not get the windows really clean they have streak marks on them

Any other tips on keeping the car looking good would be great

Cheers

Pookie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Also forgot to add sometimes when i open the car the horn gives a little beep

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Water in the lights isn't uncommon, happens to my indicators, stems from a crack usually.

Pretty sure the VX's had clear coats, so for the love of god DON'T use a cut/polish. Make sure you use one safe for clear coats- anything without a cutting agent.

For the interior, can't go past Armour All for all plastics and such, makes them look awesome.

So far as windows, if you have tinting be careful on the inside about using any window cleaner because it can cause damage. I find for the outside just use a shamy or windex/glass cleaner and some paper towel. For the inside use a soft cloth, if there is a really stubborn mark get a damp cloth as well then dry off with another cloth. Make sure you clean the carpet and seats, again Armour All- this time the fabric cleaner- is the way to go. For the tyres either tyre paint or grab an old rag and whack some armour all on it, trust me, makes the tyres look great.

Also when you've just finished cleaning it, before you hose it off, dump a bucket of water over the roof and let it drain over the car. Keeps the drain points clean so no crap builds up in them, last thing you want is you nice Commodore rusting out VL style.

Pookie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
in relation to the cleaning the windows, do you chamois the inside and outside of the windows??

I chamois the windows and then once they are dry i use paper towel and window cleaner

Pookie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Water in the lights isn't uncommon, happens to my indicators, stems from a crack usually.

Pretty sure the VX's had clear coats, so for the love of god DON'T use a cut/polish. Make sure you use one safe for clear coats- anything without a cutting agent.

For the interior, can't go past Armour All for all plastics and such, makes them look awesome.

So far as windows, if you have tinting be careful on the inside about using any window cleaner because it can cause damage. I find for the outside just use a shamy or windex/glass cleaner and some paper towel. For the inside use a soft cloth, if there is a really stubborn mark get a damp cloth as well then dry off with another cloth. Make sure you clean the carpet and seats, again Armour All- this time the fabric cleaner- is the way to go. For the tyres either tyre paint or grab an old rag and whack some armour all on it, trust me, makes the tyres look great.

Also when you've just finished cleaning it, before you hose it off, dump a bucket of water over the roof and let it drain over the car. Keeps the drain points clean so no crap builds up in them, last thing you want is you nice Commodore rusting out VL style.

Thanks for all the tips

I have a wax in the shed think its called Blue Coral

Cheers