Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt overheating

joycee

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore vt
hi vt 3.8 suddenly shoots up to hot -fans come in goes back to half --fitted new cap/sensor/thermo/fan relays still gets hot but not all the time also engine warning symbol appears just before it goes into hot mode also does the ecu need to be reset as i put a new fan relays in and the car misfires at idle cheers bob

TA 91 WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII 5.7 LS1
hi vt 3.8 suddenly shoots up to hot -fans come in goes back to half --fitted new cap/sensor/thermo/fan relays still gets hot but not all the time also engine warning symbol appears just before it goes into hot mode also does the ecu need to be reset as i put a new fan relays in and the car misfires at idle cheers bob
I could be missing something here, but did you flush the radiator and is there a possibility there is an air pocket stuck in the system?

I see you've replaced the cap, sensor, thermo and fan relays.

Do the fans work when Air Conditioning is enabled?

JAY JAY KAY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Hi, first timer here...got a 1998 VT Series 1 and had overheating problems. Car kept stalling so i ended up changing the heater pump, thermostat, checked the usual basics and the next morning it wouldnt kick in to start. Everything seems normal and there's a spark but no go, possibly computer???. Only quote i had for computer was $500-$1000+ Can anyone help please???

TA 91 WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII 5.7 LS1
Hi, first timer here...got a 1998 VT Series 1 and had overheating problems. Car kept stalling so i ended up changing the heater pump, thermostat, checked the usual basics and the next morning it wouldnt kick in to start. Everything seems normal and there's a spark but no go, possibly computer???. Only quote i had for computer was $500-$1000+ Can anyone help please???

Hi Jay Jay Kay.

Your best bet would be, to make a new thread so you can get more answers to your questions :)