Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel flap question

psycho_smurf

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Crewman V6
In the past few weeks I've noticed many of the vt/vx's that I see around the place have their fuel flap missing. I've only had my VT for a year so can someone tell me are these prone to falling off somehow over time, or is some bugger probably popping them off to steal peoples fuel?

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
LOL, I started a thread in General section a week ago asking the same thing. Replies I got were "clumsy people" etc, etc. I hope this doesn't happen to mine!

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
The one on my VX is busted.the locking pin has been snapped.Dont know if someone broke it trying steal petrol or if the previous owner done it himself.
Was cheap enough to get a new one from holden,Just have to get it painted and fit it.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
petrol thieves........90% of the tym.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
are they actually hard to fit ?
I noticed there's a couple of small screws but not sure how hard it'd be to hook into it all etc?
the black rubber surround around my cap is missing and I've been thinking I'd like to replace it at some point.

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
i noticed this too

even VYs and stuff

i think people are just stealing them??? also i see a fair few with mismatched flaps

people are buying $10 ones from wreckers to replace stolen ones

blacknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Mine was snapped at a local car wash but was promptly replaced. It broke clean at the joints and IMHO its not a very good design. Installing a brand new fuel flap wont take 5 mins after it has been repainted to match the original body colour, however the internal cable release to open the fuel flap from the driver's seat was custom fitted to mine. no issues at all

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Yeah it's not so much evil petrol siphoning people as much as it is 110kg grown men leaving it open and walking into it in my Dad's case *clap clap*

More often then not, it's just that. The plastic clips aren't strong to begin with, and with 12 years in the Australian sun, the clips on the VT's are getting brittle from the heat.

Here's an unpainted one for $55 on ebay.

HSV CLUBSPORT HOLDEN COMMODORE SS VT VX VY - FUEL FLAP (eBay item 320647656895 end time 24-Feb-11 17:42:56 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
i have had the same vt from day 1 (1997) 14yrs and mine is as good as the day i got the new car from holden dealer
In the past few weeks I've noticed many of the vt/vx's that I see around the place have their fuel flap missing. I've only had my VT for a year so can someone tell me are these prone to falling off somehow over time, or is some bugger probably popping them off to steal peoples fuel?