Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT V6 Exhaust note

shycountryguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT calais international
im probably going to offened alot of people here, everyone who has spent money on there exhaust system probably think it sounds great, but sorry guys all the ones ive herd sound like a cat pulled through a cheese grater and have that realy tinny screeky tone about them. So my question is has anyone out there made a good sounding exhaust system for a V6 that had a deep tone to it and a quiet burble

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
wat do u have on it atm??

hit up youtube and have a listen and ****

shycountryguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT calais international
just running the standard calais twin system, had a listen on youtube but nothing realy exited me there, we have decided we might experiment with putting some copper pipe in mid section or aluminium

shycountryguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT calais international
hi tommy yeah we are gettin close ... hate to say this but been a ford man all my life, guess ya just cant beat the sound of a cleveland... ears are used to listening to clevelands for over 20 years

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Honestly mine sounds pretty good, and I know the shitty sound you are talking about from most sixes though.

Id take a video or sound clip but thats not a good way to test sounds as it wont be the same in person.

shycountryguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT calais international
hi 2DIE yeah but it would be a good indication of whats out there would be greatly appreciated, i know online wont be as good ... but might give me some more ideas .. its ironic ive got a crack in one of my cats and it sounds half decent as it gives it a lumpy note.. this crack its whats made me think the system needs replacing so im looking at options

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Ive got a redback 2.5" with a hotdog in the rear, sounds tough ass, very deep. A little drony accelerating, but once at speed, its inaudible

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
i have a random 2.5 inch cat back on my vs, yes its not a vt but i have the note you want. its quiet and doesnt sound all raspy. deep sound and zero drone.

i think the key is one muffler, but a big muffler.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
mate on a 6 you can achieve a low grumble note that you want but not have a raspry sound when you plant, you need the other 2 cylinders.

Mine sounds nice in my opinion, little raspry sounding when you plant it, but if i ont it is constantly grumbling sound when i drive around. End of the day liek i said, v8 is needed.