Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Monaro Front Coversion Reo Bar Problem :s

RvtRvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Lumina 3.8
Hey guys, as some of you might know i'm in the process of upgrading my VX with an '02' Monaro Front bumper, just got the bumper back from the spray shop and am trying to fit it but it simply will not fit on, it seems as if the VX S2 front reo bar is to big or something. Anyway i have temporarily taken my reo bar off and it all fits fine but obviously I cannot leave it like this.

Does anybody know whether I need a genuine monaro reo..? Or even maybe a VT reo as all the info I have found suggests that they simple fit straight onto a VT.

Cheers

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
.......wat are u head lights r u useing
Hey guys, as some of you might know i'm in the process of upgrading my VX with an '02' Monaro Front bumper, just got the bumper back from the spray shop and am trying to fit it but it simply will not fit on, it seems as if the VX S2 front reo bar is to big or something. Anyway i have temporarily taken my reo bar off and it all fits fine but obviously I cannot leave it like this.

Does anybody know whether I need a genuine monaro reo..? Or even maybe a VT reo as all the info I have found suggests that they simple fit straight onto a VT.
From what I have read it can be done but you need the VZ headlights as well because of a sizing issue
Cheers
From what I have read it can be done but you need the VZ headlights as well because of a sizing issue
Cheers set of lights new will set you back just under $$500

RvtRvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Lumina 3.8
hey man thanks for the reply, im using genuine monaro headlights bought from holden, as i said it fits only when the reo bar is taken off there seems to be these little plastic tabs just underneath the headlights on the inside of the bumper that hit the reo.

On my Vx bumper they are on an angle which allows it to fit however on the monaro bumper they face straight out which means there's no hope of it fitting, could cut them off but don't really want to damage a genuine bumper.. :S

Anybody know what to do..? The bumper is brand new has has never been fitted, is this the reason?

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
change the reo bar then

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
I would just cut it that is free.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
bumper, but i guess you could cut the reo kind of defeats the purpose of having it though.