Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx commodore making exhaust louder and engine upgrades

kconroy

Kurt
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Hey guys I just recently got installed a lukey 2.5 catback with no rear muffler and it sounds great but was wondering if there is any way to make it louder? Also what are good engine upgrates to give it a bit more power keeping in mind I'm still on my p's for anther 6 months? Cheers

Kyle W

2002 VX II Executive :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S2 Executive
my guess would be extractors mate, dont quote me on this but the more airflow through the exhaust would make more resination?

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Get someone to make up some 2 1/4" cat back copper pipes. If you aren't happy with the noise they make, you're deaf. I had them on an old ford I owned a few years ago. I could only put up with them for 2 days and then ripped them back off. Oh, might have had something to do with the fact that they had no mufflers at all.

Blakvsexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0L VS EXECUTIVE
And while you are at it why dont you get some huge stickers made up that says F*@K THE POLICE and plaster them all over your car too, that way if the cops dont hear your overly oboxiously loud exhaust they'll see the stickers and nab you for sure.

You young blokes got a lot got learn, you want loud as all hell exhausts etc then get on here and complain that the police keep harassing you every time you go out.
WAKE UP.... ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO ARE HURTING THE MODIFIED CAR SCENE.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
... ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO ARE HURTING THE MODIFIED CAR SCENE.

It's not the loud exhaust... it's the idiots hooning and not payign attention on the road. Can't blame 'loud cars' for hurting the modified car scene lol and yeah i know they do complain abotu getting pulled over for loud cars, once again, that isnt ruining the modified car scene... LOL

Anyways not gunna ruin your thread with this conversation mate :)

Want it louder and sounding better (little power gain) get the extractors. If you really want loud, pm me and ill send you a vid of my v6 and the setup :) too easy

kconroy

Kurt
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Yeh I will try slapping on the extractors cheers man. Also mate, I have never been booked or do I speed just cause I'm young and like my car to be loud don't make me a sterotypicaly P plater. Its only a small percentage of P platers that do stupid things and give us all a bad name