Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strange rubbing noise, car slows down

mbvp73

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Acclaim Wgn V6 Auto
This is weird!

Just in the last couple of days, my car out of the blue makes this loud coarse rubbing sound and it feels the car is lacking power. Im in Melbourne and coz I had no choice had to drive thru some water over a road. Wondering whether something has got water in it. Where I live this happens heaps of times but only now is it doing it. Checked under the car, all was clear as far as I could see.

Doesn't feel like the auto is doing it, its feels and sound like the exhaust is blocked. I really don't know what it is.

This ever happened to anyone??

mbvp73

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Acclaim Wgn V6 Auto
Hey guys, thanks for the replies

I will suss out the park brake tonight. It is down - wouldn't that be embarassing 'Oh ****, the park brakes on!!'

No, no burning smell.

But something just struck me. I had some music equipment in the back (quite heavy) and went over the driveway crossing and heard a thump that I never heard before. Is it possible some bush or bar has broken? Anyone know where I could look for starters??

BerlinaBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VR Berlina - Stock standard
Check your exhaust pipe where it crosses above the panhard rod (I'm assuming a VT has one), i.e. look high up a foot or so behind the rear axle. I found recently my panhard rod had crushed the exhaust on my VR in a similar situation and with near identical results (there's a few old threads about it too). Changed the exhaust last weekend and now the car is perkier than a 16 yr olds t...

T

tommySV6Ute

Raise each wheel and see if they spin freely, maybe the waters flushed out all the bearing grease? Just guessing.