Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV R8 front left wheel speed sensor - replace just sensor? or need to the whole hub?

hsvmaster

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Stato, VX HSV R8 , VT Clubby
Hey

in my HSV VX series 2 R8 ive had the abs light go on and then the traction control off light go on...

checked the error codes with a tech 2 and its the front left wheel speed sensor -can i get away with just replacing the sensor?

or do I need to replace the whole hub?

thanks for your help in advance :)

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
same prob with mine, the sensors rub on the wheel on full lock or something like that, just the sensor will need replacing.

hsvmaster

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Stato, VX HSV R8 , VT Clubby
just to clarify.... holden dealer said to replace the whole hub... but im sure I can just replace the sensor.. [ but as we know they always want to get as much $$$ as they can out of people... ]

so just replace the sensor :- is that easyish job ? ive always found hubs to be quite daunting and usually just get someone to do the job [ or swap over the hub..]

i.e. can you sneak it in n out easily?

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
my brother in-law works at holden and brought one home for me, i think all he did was take off the wheel and its attached behind the hub, pretty easy im sure. cant remember the price tho. sounds like holden trying to get more money out of you!