Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rear lower spring insulators

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Is there an easy way to fit them. I know the suspension places can get them both installed in less than 20 minutes because they have hydraulic/pneumatic spring compressors. One guy tried to charge me $120 then reduced it to $88.

Last edited:

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Takes me about 40 minutes with no power tools. For $88 you'd be better off buying a set of spring compressors and doing it yourself

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
It takes about 2 minutes to get a rear vt spring out. I cant see it taking any more then 2 minutes and 30 seconds to fit an insulator.

No compressors are needed, just a 21mm spanner and some knowledge

jujibelly

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
^ agreed. My vr live axle took me 30 seconds.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Thanks for the replies. Everyone is telling me how long it takes and if it was live axle, about 30 seconds to do it once the car is on stands. How is it done with irs. The manual wants me to take the drive shafts off the hubs. 6 hex bolts. must be an easier way?

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
It takes about 2 minutes to get a rear vt spring out. I cant see it taking any more then 2 minutes and 30 seconds to fit an insulator.

No compressors are needed, just a 21mm spanner and some knowledge

exactley, you dont need spring compressors, undo the lower shock bolt and drop down the trailing arm, if its not enough undo the sway bar link and you may need to click out the cv shaft and the trailing arm drops down enough.