Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

O2 sensor..

GryWgn

LOOOK AT MY UTE
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Vu S Pack ute LS1
hi i have a question about the 02 sensor in the vu ute LS1, I have difillipo extractors and high flow cats, my 02 sensors are b4 the cats... My question is: My engine light is on, the is no error codes showing in the dash error checker, it back crackles really loud pretty much backfires but it seems to drive ok im not sure if i need to replace them or not ??? ??? i have pulled them out and are black as **** also..........

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
i have heard sumtimes this happens when you get new exctractors, it the oily coating inside the new pipes it will burn off in a few weeks, then go out and buy new o2 seners and replace them

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
hi i have a question about the 02 sensor in the vu ute LS1, I have difillipo extractors and high flow cats, my 02 sensors are b4 the cats... My question is: My engine light is on, the is no error codes showing in the dash error checker, it back crackles really loud pretty much backfires but it seems to drive ok im not sure if i need to replace them or not ??? ??? i have pulled them out and are black as **** also..........

That black **** is soot from your engine running to rich i believe, not sure about vu but on ve when we get headers it trips the engine light and a tune is required to get rid of it, may be the same case with you