Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT SS Blower fan doesnt work on high?

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
Hey fellas,

It works on all other speeds but when you switch it to high it turns off.

I can hear the relay click when i switch it to high.

Cant be the resistor as all the other speeds work.

Any ideas?

Jasiel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 1 Berlina wagon 3.8L
I've got a similar problem with my VX Berlina V6, although it is intermittent. If I set the fan to high, it will intermittently cut out and sometimes come back again on its own, other times I've had to drop the fan speed or switch to Auto to get it back on. I believe the climate control stays lit up - it's just the fan that stops. I've also noticed that it doesn't always come on when it is brought down from high -sometimes it needs to be down on 1 or 2 before it comes back. Maybe that means that I'm not actually forcing it to come back on by changing settings - it just happened to come back on by itself at the same time?

Anyway, I replaced the Ventilation Motor Control some time back because the low speed fan settings stopped (i.e. worked on High only at the time), and I have just replaced both blower relays under the steering column (one labelled Blower Relay and the other Blower Inhibitor Relay) with no change. It has down both while driving and while sitting in the yard idling, so I don't think a loose connection is likely.

Anyone got any ideas on what else it might be?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
IBLOWN, the high speed fan setting uses the blower relay rather than the speed resistor. You may need a new relay.

Jasiel, you already have a separate thread on your problem, why try and hijack someone else's thread.

Jasiel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jasiel, you already have a separate thread on your problem, why try and hijack someone else's thread.

Ummm.. I didn't think I was 'hijacking' his thread, because:
a) we have a similar problem, so I thought I would add my problem and what I had tried so far in an attempt to both help him and get help myself and
b) the post above came before the new thread. It wasn't until sometime later that I thought maybe I should start my own thread on the subject due to the differences in situations (i.e. climate control vs standard hvac).

Jasiel

Reaction score
Members Ride
My apologies - I've just realised that my first post resurrected a thread that is almost 2 years old. I didn't notice that when I performed the search for similar threads and posted.