Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT COMMODORE shaking.. annoying.. gearbox fluid.. FML

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
Hey guys.. i know i have problems left right n center.. but they all seem to get fixed by blokes on the fourm

something that is really starting to annoy me.. is
a.. the car when idling shakes annoyingly.. like something needs to be fixed..
b.. i always seem to be toping up my tranny fluid.. with no noticable leaks..
c.. i am starting to think my harmolic balancer is going.. and that could proberly be to do with part a..

so what im asking is does anyone have any of these problems??
will post up a video tommorw to make things sound clearer..

just sick of these problems.. its only a work car.. and it shouldnt be this bad..

it drives perfectly.. has perfect power..
just sounds like old things are needing to be replaced at 300,005 kms..

Cheers to anyone that helps

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
harmonic balances are common.. the rubber splits/cracks so check that

cheers cam.. will have a look.... Would that make the whole car vibrate or would it be more gearbox/engine mounts related?

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
If the harmonic balancer is stuffed, it will be causing the cas to be sending incorrect signals to the ecu ergo, bad idle. Engine mounts will cause vibration if they are past their "use by" as they touch metal to metal. Combined with a crook idle you could get some very interesting results. Also, just some food for thought, if your transmission is on the way out that can cause similar symptoms when under load especially. This is from experience. A few months ago I had some bad vibration and noise sounding like tranny or diff. Replaced the tranny on suspicion, all good. smoth as silk.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
cheers cam.. will have a look.... Would that make the whole car vibrate or would it be more gearbox/engine mounts related?

one of my engine mounts is stuffed and it makes the car shake slightly but i never noticed till i jumped in another commodore, so not sure if yours is really noticeable or not.

jump in your car put your handbrake on and put the car in drive.. accelerate a little to put the engine under load and get someone to check if the engine shakes/shudders or not

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
one of my engine mounts is stuffed and it makes the car shake slightly but i never noticed till i jumped in another commodore, so not sure if yours is really noticeable or not.

jump in your car put your handbrake on and put the car in drive.. accelerate a little to put the engine under load and get someone to check if the engine shakes/shudders or not

alright will do

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
If the harmonic balancer is stuffed, it will be causing the cas to be sending incorrect signals to the ecu ergo, bad idle. Engine mounts will cause vibration if they are past their "use by" as they touch metal to metal. Combined with a crook idle you could get some very interesting results. Also, just some food for thought, if your transmission is on the way out that can cause similar symptoms when under load especially. This is from experience. A few months ago I had some bad vibration and noise sounding like tranny or diff. Replaced the tranny on suspicion, all good. smoth as silk.

hmmm:p really hoping its not.. but you might be on to something there.. will post a video tommorw:D