Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where is the water temp sensor located on 98 vt ???? (not coolant temp sensor)

13thomo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT COMMI
I recently bought a new water temp sensor for my vt and have no idea where it is located :/ the temp on the dash raises for a moment even tho the engine isnt actually hot then returns to normal so i first replaced the coolant temp sensor this didn fix the problem ...

cheers

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
sounds like air in the system not a faulty sensor

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
I recently bought a new water temp sensor for my vt and have no idea where it is located :/ the temp on the dash raises for a moment even tho the engine isnt actually hot then returns to normal so i first replaced the coolant temp sensor this didn fix the problem ...

cheers

I think you are confused, there is only one coolant/water temp sensor on the vt's, which is under the thermostat

D-Renzow

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice & VQ Stato
I think you are confused, there is only one coolant/water temp sensor on the vt's, which is under the thermostat

thats what i was thinking too, was a bit confused with the question so i didnt reply lol

azzaholic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S1
There is a bleeder valve just above the thermo, use this to bleed out the system so that the temp don't go stupid at all

mummbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV Redline Sportwagon
ummm...the cooling system will always do that when it is cold. The thermostat doesn't open til 90 odd (I think) degrees, so you should see the temp start to riase, then drop when the thermo opens the first time.
If this is happening after the car is up to temp, then i'd be checking for other issues.

casper0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commdoore
you gotta be carefull mate when u replace the TS. first open the bleeder and the collant cap when the car is very cold then remove the old TS and plug the new one. reason for opening the bleeder is let the air escape upon replacing the TS.