Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Warning Lights

R

redvxss

I have a vx ss the engine warning light has come on while while driving, has any one else had the same problem. :b:

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Did It Go Off

Did It Go Off....if You Explian It A Little More Ill Ask A Mate Of Mine Who Works For Holden.....leave A Message And Ill Give You An Answer On Sunday If I Can.............cheeers

R

redvxss

When you start the car it comes on as normal and goes off again, then a few seconds later it comes on and stays on.

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
you're stuffed

:p

take it into holden or get racq to check the code readout, will be able to tell you exactly what your problem is... or should be able to anyway...

Haze SS

Reaction score
Website
www.westcoastcommodores.com
Members Ride
VX SS
Had a similar problem with my old vn a while back, the light would come on after a while and stay on. I had it serviced and it was an electrical fault in the drive train somewhere, i didn't ask though coz all i was interested in at the time was to get going again.

M

marzman

Power train warning light

i just had my 2000 vt exec. s2 auto wagon converted to lpg to try and beat the rising cost of fuel. Problem is that after driving for a while on lpg, the power train warning light comes on. Switching back to petrol immediatley turns the warning light off. After speaking to the supplier, the installer, not a backyard boy, has since replaced the entire system in what seems to be a last ditch effort to fix the problem. Is anyone familiar with this problem? :bang:

xss001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VE SS
Has the same problem in my VXSS series 1. Engine light came on after a 100k trip stayed on for a couple of days before I took in for service. Ran ok so didn't worry too much about it. Holden dealer said it was the oil pressure sensor which sounded a bit weird. They reckon they changed it and all ok. I should add that the gear box was out a month before after the clutch failed so may have been one of the other sensors. Suggest you take to someone who can put an analyser on it.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the owners book will tell you the light indicates a problem in the engine management system, it could be one or more of hundreds of things, you need to get the code checked, this will tell the technician where the problem has occurred, then get it attended to as required

Rob

genIIIbandit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS BLACK M6
yep had this problem, mine was caused by faulty oil pressure sensor common prob on vx lsi