Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car pulls slightly to the left after wheel alignment

VTowner025

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Hello all,

I hope that you can help me as I don't know too much about wheel alignments. Today I replaced all 4 tyres (New Michelin MX2 205 65 15R) on the car, and I had a wheel alignment completed at Tyreplus.

The car was driving straight before the wheel alignment with the warn tires, now seems to pull a little to the left with the wheel alignment and the new tires. I have the specs of the before and after from the alignment readout and have attached to this message. Can someone knowledgeable let me know if they did a good or bad job?

I drive a VT2 Commodore Berlina Sedan, made in 2000 V6 3.8L with LPG tank in the boot.

Thanks
VT2-Wheel-alignment.jpg

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
The final results are fine. Some tyres are known to have "radial pull".

Just take it back to where you got it done, and let them know. They will swap the front wheels side to side. Then if it pulls to the right, it is in the tyres. If pulling left still, could be in the front end suspension.

They should look after any problems you have, seeing as you did buy 4x top of the range tyres and a W.A.

Cheerz

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
+1, explain the problem, they'll take it for a test drive- maybe go with them and point out the problem as it occured for you. They should fix it, given it's what you asked them to do originally.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Yeah most cars should pull to the left, my understanding of this is just in case you faint or fall asleep at the wheel it will drift away from on coming traffic. I'm yet to own a car that doesn't do it.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
i agree with very nice, there is enough split betwen the camber and the caster to stop the car pulling left, its in the tyres, get them to rotate the tyres on the front left to right and it should fix it. we find a lot of michelins have a radial pull in them.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Agreed, swap the front tyres left to right and it should fix your problem.

Cars should drive straight when set up correctly, but they will tend to follow the camber of the road when it gets bad enough to overcome the alignment settings to compensate for it. On a dead flat road, they should pull right. From factory they are set up neutrally, so most cars will pull left until an alignment is done to compensate for the camber of the road.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
I got 4 new tyres on mine the other day and the shop wouldn't do a wheel alignment coz my inner control arm bushes were rooted, he said he could of done one but it would of been a waste of time and money. Maybe go over ur suspension and look for worn bushes?

I'm not sure how true it is that all cars pull to the left automatically.....most of it is prolly due to the angle of the road.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
most cars will slightly pull to the left, nearly every commy ive been in has, from like vl to vx

Yeah most cars should pull to the left, my understanding of this is just in case you faint or fall asleep at the wheel it will drift away from on coming traffic. I'm yet to own a car that doesn't do it.

As far as I know alignments are set up to pull slightly to the left.

Most roads are also cambered so the car will pull to the left.

My clubby does it, my bimmer did it, my VX did it and my VN did it.

Last edited:

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna

exactly right, best mate works at bridgestone and they w.a all cars like that, if you get an experienced wheel aligner they will know how to set your camber to drive perfectly straight (that is on a road with camber)