Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS start up problem.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Hey Guys,

My cousin has been having some problems starting with her 2001 VX SS 5.7L Auto.

What happens is she puts the ignition on as normal and waits until the lights go out, then she turns the key and the engine turns over as normal. But at the point where the engine would usually fire up, nothing happens. It stops turning over and it doesn't fire up. Everytime she turns it over the same thing happens. And it turns over pretty quickly as well.

It has a fairly new battery in it that she keeps charged up. I also brought the scan tool from work and checked for codes and there wasn't any.

In my opinion it wont have anything to do with the fuel pump, because the car wont fire up it the first place and like I said, it gets to the point where it would usually fire up then nothing, it goes dead.

Has anyone had a problem like this before? No-one at work can help me and I have been told that she would more then likely have to get it towed to Holden (and the nearest dealer is 30-40kms away).

I am letting her borrow one of my cars for now but we would still like to get the SS going as soon as possible.

Thanks.

EDIT: It is auto not manual.

Last edited:

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Help no longer needed, found out what happened today. All fixed now.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
What was the problem?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
What was the problem?

Well the car was sitting in a garage for about a month because the owner (my cousin) was on holidays. Anyway, I checked all the fuses, wiring, etc and noticed that a few wires had been chewed through under the fuse box (more then likely a mouse), so I cleaned it up and connected the wired and it started up straight away. But tomorrow i'm taking the car to an auto elec that I use so he can repair the wires properly.

I think this is a furture problem that I might have had with my WH Statesman. Last week I went to check the engine oil and coolant level, and noticed that my washer bottle lid has been half eaten and also something has started to have a feed on 2 of my spark plug leads where they connect to the coil pack. I only use the Statesman every Friday so I don't open the bonnet much.

****ing little ****s chewing through stuff costing us money that we wouldn't have to spend if it wasn't for them.