Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Buildplate decoding.........

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Hello all,

I have a VX equipe - just wondering that the body number means....have been able to decipher rest of buildplate...

VX8VK69-011-1KK

In addition, last time I was at the wreckers, the buildsheet for a certain car was on its floor (carpet removed) (in this case, a '98 VT executive) - do the VX's come from factory with buildsheet? If so, where would it be?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Here you are on decoding. Can't help you with the other question.

Attachments

• VX Identification Numbering.jpg
    VX Identification Numbering.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 6,859

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
since GMH (now Holden) started building cars, the production broadcast (build) sheets have either been left
...under footwell carpet, in the front suspension(springs) under seats..wherever

they are 3 places I have found them...you may or may not be lucky with yours

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
since GMH (now Holden) started building cars, the production broadcast (build) sheets have either been left
...under footwell carpet, in the front suspension(springs) under seats..wherever

they are 3 places I have found them...you may or may not be lucky with yours

Is there any thing interesting on the build sheet or just what you can see on the ID plate/VIN etc. Wouldn't mind having a look at the one on my VX SS but don't fancy pulling the interior apart.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
UPDATE: Sorry to drag up an oldish thread; whilst looking under the footwell carpet (passenger side) found a faded sticker with a barcode on it behind the kickpanel - also had the date of manufacture, last 6 digits of VIN, option pack (i.e. 011 - Equipe?), and the time the sticker was printed (assuming to be roughly just before car was built); car appears to be built on ~9th May 2001, 1st shift (sticker printed at 6:45 AM).

Still would like to find that buildsheet though......have also checked under the seats and rear carpet, when I am able bight check under carpet in drivers footwell.

NSTG8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Maloo R8 + VX Berlina 5.7
the actual date the car was built is stamped on the compliance plate (on the firewall next to the engine)....check that and see if it matches up!

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
The car is a May-01 build, that lines up; What also lines up is date of delivery of 24/5/01 in the handbook. Apparently, the original owner lived right across the road from what I am assuming was the dealer it was bought from.

Kdouble

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina, CX8 Adventra
I found my VTs buildsheet on the underside of the rear seat.